Updated: Mar 22, 2021
New veteran student? Click here: https://tinyurl.com/53ky8r44
The University of the Pacific should be in your sights. Here is your list.
Who? Dave Hamlett – (209) 946-2554 This is the guy that is like your senior non-com. He’ll get you going in the right Direction. Give him a call.
I’m the other one you need the hook up: (209) 641-8421 – They call me Pops – I’m the old man and the one you get when you think you are getting jammed up or not. Senior Chief Petty Officer Stanley Rapada, U.S. Navy (Retired).
What? You want the best education that your hard-earned benefits can get you.
Where? THIS IS THE PLACE: University of the Pacific, 3601 Pacific Avenue, Stockton, CA 95211 and The Military and Veteran Student Center, 265 West Knoles Way, Stockton, Ca 95211.
How? Click here: https://tinyurl.com/53ky8r44 , we are gearing up for the Fall/Spring of 2021-2022.
You and I both know that we hate to be told click on this and figure it out. I’ll do one better than that. Think of it as your new in processing to a new command or unit. See below:
1. This is your online Transfer Application: https://www.u-pacific.org/transfer/
This application has three easy steps and can be completed in one sitting. Take a look or get started filling it out right now.
Once you do, we'll set up your secure account.
If you've already started an application, log back in to finish.
(note): I know it looks like it is a lot, but it is not, and it is easy. Just take your time. If you have any problems, questions or just want to bitch – call me (209) 641-8421. If I don’t answer, leave a message. If you want to do a face to face, send me an email and I’ll make it happen. email@example.com
2. When you went to TAPS, you should have heard about benefits. www.ebenefits.va.gov this is where you will apply for your educational benefits, the GI Bill. Chapter 33 is a good selection. If you have any problems, questions… see the note above.
3. Next order your military transcripts: https://jst.doded.mil/jst/ click on Agree. Register if you do not have an account. You will be able to print your military transcripts. These you will turn in to Dave Hamlett or whoever he has assigned you. They will give you an email address or address to mail them. The school is going to look at all your training and translate them to units that will apply towards your degree.
4. If you have attended other colleges or universities, you will need to go online and request them from the school. The average cost is minimal to get your official transcripts. You can have one set sent to the school and you should order one to be sent to you. DO NOT OPEN THE TRANSCRIPTS. If you break the seal on the envelope, your transcripts are no longer “OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS.” Official transcripts are the only transcripts that any college or university will accept.
5. Next apply for Financial Aid, unless you are loaded, this is a good thing to apply for. www.FAFSA.ED.GOV . Don’t ask why, just do it.
6. When you receive a letter notifying you that, yes, you have been accepted as a student at UOP. (Congratulations, by the way.) You will receive additional information as to what you will do next.
7. What you can anticipate: You will be asked to register for orientation. It costs $250.00 but it will get you some school swag, inform you what to expect and then you will see your advisor. Your advisor will map out what classes you need to register for. You should receive instructions on how to do it.
8. If not, here is where you will go: https://cas.pacific.edu/cas/login?service=https%3A%2F%2Flum-prod.ec.pacific.edu%2Fc%2Fportal%2Flogin
Your login is the same as for your email.
Click on Academics on the far-left hand column,
(note: familiarize yourself with the different sections in this section, you see Academic service, manage your account, Financial Aid, Academic links, etc.)
Click on the link in Academic Services, https://lum-prod.ec.pacific.edu/web/home-community/ssb-menu
You will see under Self-Service Menu:
Personal Information, check to see that it is correct.
Financial Aid, check your status, eligibility, awards and additional info.
Student Services, register for your classes here, class schedules, etc.
Click on Student Services. Click on Registration: Check your Registration Status every semester to make sure you hold has been taken off by your advisor. You must see your advisor every semester before you register for your classes.
Click on Add/Drop Classes: this is where you will look up your classes, you may have several to select from. Look at the dates and times and start constructing you schedule. It will take some tweaking, but you will get there. Most classes are 4 units, 12 units is full-time. Use good judgement, if you have been out of. School for a while or just starting, do the three classes your first semester. Take more your next if that is a good fit for you. This will give you time to adjust and transition into becoming a student at the University.
(note): I know it looks like it is a lot, but it is not, and it is easy. Just take your time. If you have any problems, questions or just want to bitch – call me (209) 641-8421. If I don’t answer, leave a message. If you want to do a face to face, send me an email and I’ll make it happen. firstname.lastname@example.org The offer is still good.
On the Registration page: https://bssprd.ec.pacific.edu/PROD/twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=bmenu.P_RegMnu This is where you can find your textbooks for your classes and order your books from the campus bookstore.
This will get you off to a good start.
If not … if you have any problems, questions or just want to bitch – call me (209) 641-8421. If I don’t answer, leave a message. If you want to do a face to face, send me an email and I’ll make it happen. email@example.com The offer is still good.